DSS add rows to dataset when training models?

Frank
Level 2
DSS add rows to dataset when training models?
I noticed that when I modified the model settings the number of rows(train + test) is larger than the original dataset.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
UserBird
Dataiker
Hi,

DSS can not add rows to dataset out of the blue. Can you share us the settings that you used and some screenshot of the problem ?

Cheers,
0 Kudos
Frank
Level 2
Author
I have checked many times. After you train the model, on the "Result" page, it will show something like
"Train set 3xxxx rows
Test set 8xxx rows
Train time about 6 seconds"
but the origianl dataset is like 9000 rows something . I used default settings. 0.8-0.2 split.
Could be a bug.

I searched Q&A and it seemed one guy had the similar problem.
0 Kudos
Frank
Level 2
Author
Forget to add: I checked the python code for the model and rows numbers are correct for both train set and test set. Don't know what is going on.
0 Kudos
UserBird
Dataiker
If you go to the "Status" tab of the dataset, make sure that you display the "Count of records" metric, and click "Compute", how many records does it see ?

Additionally, coud you retrain your model. In the pre-train modal, make sure to check the "Drop existing sets, recompute new ones" checkbox
0 Kudos
Frank
Level 2
Author
The "Status" tab shows the right record count, which is around 9k. Every time I retrain the model I check the "Drop existing sets, recompute new ones" checkbox. The "result" page still shows more than 30k records in total.
Back in 2017 someone already had the same problem but no fix was provided. See the link below:
https://answers.dataiku.com/1155/train-set-for-a-model-has-more-rows-than-actual-dataset?show=1155#q1155
0 Kudos
Frank
Level 2
Author
Is it possible that DSS rebalances samples when deal with imbalanced dataset? So when you rebalance samples you simulate records and as a result it adds records to the dataset for training purpose?
0 Kudos
Frank
Level 2
Author
After I train the model using a different dataset I found the details:
ALGORITHM DETAILS
Algorithm Logistic regression
Penalty None
C
TRAINING DATA
Rows (before preprocessing) 36393 Rows (after preprocessing) 18683
Columns (before preprocessing) 73 Columns (after preprocessing) 145
Matrix type dense

maybe this will help. The number of "after prepoccessing" records is right but I don't get what "Rows (before preprocessing) 36393" mean. How did DSS come up with this number?
0 Kudos
UserBird
Dataiker
can you tell me the version of your DSS ?
and do you have string column in your dataset ?
0 Kudos