Python 3.6 - Environment creation failed

sbackmann
Level 1
Python 3.6 - Environment creation failed

I am trying to add Python 3.6 as a new code environment. Python 3.7 and 2.7 worked without problems. But for 3.6, I get the following error message:

Environment creation failed
/Users/%%%%%/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/python failed (exit code: 1)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/Users/%%%%%/Library/DataScienceStudio/kits/dataiku-dss-10.0.2-osx/scripts/virtualenv.pyz/__main__.py", line 168, in <module>
  File "/Users/%%%%%/Library/DataScienceStudio/kits/dataiku-dss-10.0.2-osx/scripts/virtualenv.pyz/__main__.py", line 164, in run
  File "/Users/%%%%%/Library/DataScienceStudio/kits/dataiku-dss-10.0.2-osx/scripts/virtualenv.pyz/virtualenv/__main__.py", line 18, in run
  File "/Users/%%%%%/Library/DataScienceStudio/kits/dataiku-dss-10.0.2-osx/scripts/virtualenv.pyz/virtualenv/run/__init__.py", line 30, in cli_run
  File "/Users/%%%%%/Library/DataScienceStudio/kits/dataiku-dss-10.0.2-osx/scripts/virtualenv.pyz/virtualenv/run/__init__.py", line 48, in session_via_cli
  File "/Users/%%%%%/Library/DataScienceStudio/kits/dataiku-dss-10.0.2-osx/scripts/virtualenv.pyz/virtualenv/run/__init__.py", line 72, in build_parser
RuntimeError: failed to find interpreter for Builtin discover of python_spec='python3.6'

I am running MacOS with Monterey 12.1, DSS 10.0.2 and have Python 3.6.15 installed. The respective paths are added to PATH and where python3.6 points to the right path. Any ideas what's wrong?

Operating system used: macOS Monterey 12.1

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @sbackmann ,

Are you using the same shell as DSS? For example, you might have python3.6 available from the PATH in zsh, while DSS is using regular bash and the PATH can be different.

You can run this in the python notebook within DSS UI to verify that: 

!ps -p $$