Could not connect to Data Science Studio server

gregv
gregv Registered Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I installed DSS on a mac, OS Yosemite 10.10.15.

While starting DSS, the chrome browser open an empty page with the following text :

"Could not connect to Data Science Studio server

Please check if DSS server is running.

Unknown error

HTTP code: 502, type: Gateway error"

I got no firewall on. DSS have been uninstalled 3 times.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Grégory

Answers

• jereze
    jereze Alpha Tester, Dataiker Alumni Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It may take some time for DSS to load. Have you tried again after few minutes?
  • gregv
    Well I waited a very long time, and tried again and again but it keeps giving me the same message.
  • jereze
    jereze Alpha Tester, Dataiker Alumni Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    OK. So there is a problem somewhere. We would need the logs in order to help you. Could you open a ticket on our support page (link in the right column)? Please attach the logs that you have in this folder: ~/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/run/ (where ~ is the home folder of your user). Thanks.
  • gregv
    done, thanks for your help.
  • mklybor
    mklybor Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
    there is an incompatibility issue with the startup scripts and recent JVMs (I am using 11), regarding logging of garbage collection events.

without knowing all of the details, I fixed the problem by hacking the script "java.py" in

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/dkuinstall

and disable:

# if addGCLogging and jvm[0] in [ "hotspot", "openjdk" ]:

# if jvm[1] >= 9:

# ret += " -Xlog:gc,gc+cpu=info:stderr:t,um,l,ti,tg"

# elif gc == "g1":

# # G1 on Java 8 is very very verbose, so don't print GC details

# ret += " -Xloggc:/dev/stderr -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps"

# else:

# ret += " -Xloggc:/dev/stderr -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps"
  • Clément_Stenac
    Clément_Stenac Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 753 Dataiker
    Hi,

Nice work :) We confirm that Java 11 is not yet supported. Support is upcoming in the next DSS release.
  • ganesh3
    ganesh3 Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there an update to DSS? I am facing the same issue when I install DSS on Windows using linux sub system - Ubuntu and I am unable to locate java.py with the above content in order to disable them.
  • Florent
    Florent Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

just migrated to JDK 11 and seems it breaks my current install of dataiku (Dataiku 8 documentation says Java 11 is supported), with the same issue, but on Ubuntu

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…