How do I get the average of a column to use in a DSS output file (not a metric)

Annette
Annette Registered Posts: 2

I have a small table that gives me the average # of workdays, average daily value, and average forecast for the previous 3 months. I have to be able to calculate the average of each column so I can use the results in another prepare recipe (for example, the average of Workdays is 22).
Is there a formula that will create this result? I will be using the averages to create future forecasts based on the prior 3 months' values.

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,007 Neuron
    edited October 3

The Group visual recipe can do this. You are actually forced to select a Group by column when you create a Group recipe but you can actually remove it from the Group Key section of the recipe while editing the recipe (*). Then simply select Average for each of your numeric columns and you are done!

(*) Dataiku will show you a warning in the Group section of the recipe since you don't have any keys selected but it will run fine and produce the results you want.

• Annette
    Annette Registered Posts: 2
Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…