[WEBAPP] How to run a scenario with a local variable

Redouxne
Redouxne Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 4

I have a python recipe in my scenario working with a local variable.

I have succesfully executed my scenario within the webapp but :

How can I change the local variable from the webapp's code (in the Python back-end) ?

Best Answer

• Sarina
    Sarina Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 317 Dataiker
    edited July 17 Answer ✓

Hi @Redouxne

Are you using a scenario variable or a project variable? Indeed, for scenario variables, it's only possible to set them from within the context of a scenario.

So, if you want to set a variable that will be used in a scenario but set it from a Webapp, you'll probably want to use a project variable instead. You can see the following code example for how to set a variable from the Python API, which can be run in the Python backend.

import dataiku 
    client = dataiku.api_client()
    project = client.get_default_project()

variables = project.get_variables()
    variables['standard']['some_variable'] = 'some_value'    
    project.set_variables(variables)

Then, from your scenario you can obtain this variable in a Python step:

import dataiku 
    client = dataiku.api_client()
    project = client.get_default_project()

variables = project.get_variables()
    some_variable_value = variables['standard']['some_variable']

Let me know if this approach doesn't work for you!

Thank you,
    Sarina

Answers

• Redouxne
    Redouxne Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 4

Hi Sarina,

Thank you ! At first glance it seems to work, I have another question, do you know how to know when the scenario ended and get the information in my Python back-end ?

Thank you again,

Redouane

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,024 Neuron

Please raise a new thread as this is a different question and this thread has been marked as resolved already.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…