Project dependency

baobo
baobo Registered Posts: 8 ✭✭✭✭
I have multiple projects. Project import dataset from other projects.

Is there a way to export the dependency of projects?

If I delete/rename project , will it affect related project which import dataset from delete/renamed project?

Answers

• Liev
    Liev Dataiker Alumni Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi baobo,

Let's say you have 2 projects (A and B) on one server and some dependencies between (A shares to B).

- If you were to import both projects into a new environment (assuming no other projects are called A or B) there will be no issues and your objects will continue being shared.

- If you import only A, there's no issue as there's no dependency. A shares to B, but this is not a dependency on A and can continue working.

- If you import only B, when you try to interact with the shared object (from a non-existent A) or rerun your flow, you'd encounter issues.

You can of course manually remap your dependencies as well once the projects are imported.

I hope this helps!
  • baobo
    baobo Registered Posts: 8 ✭✭✭✭
    A shared some data set to B.
    In the same server, If I delete or rename A, will B affected?

If there is a dependency map for all projects, that will be much easier to manage projects and delete purged projects.
  • Liev
    Liev Dataiker Alumni Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The projects can be renamed as the sharing happens using the ids of the projects which are set only once.
Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…