Allow nested flow zones

info-rchitect
info-rchitect Registered Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I use flow zones a lot and appreciate the value. Why not extend the capability and allow nested flow zones, i.e. a flow zone within a flow zone?

thx

36 votes

In the Backlog · Last Updated

Comments

• Katie
    Katie Dataiker, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 106 Dataiker

Thanks for the feedback, this is in our backlog and we'll let you know if there are any relevant updates.

Katie

• natejgardner
    natejgardner Neuron, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 151 Neuron

This would be a really big help for me! I am frequently dealing with projects with hundreds and sometimes thousands of datasets, and while flow zones helped a lot, organizing still gets difficult at that scale without being able to nest them.

• ESoto
    ESoto Registered Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am checking to see if Dataiku has now implemented the concept of Nested Zones (Zone within a zone). This would be extremely helpful for my project, as I have zones already made but this is of one main component of my project (ex: multiple zones in Zone "December")

I think the one commenter said this is in the backlog so just seeing if this is still an item for consideration or if it is closer to be developed/released.

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,032 Neuron

Not yet. Call your Customer Success Manager and ask them for an update. The more people ask for a feature the more likely it will get done. Being in the backlog doesn't guarantee it will get done.

• Tony
    Tony Registered Posts: 1

I have projects that incorporate a large number of datasets and recipes with distinct parts of the process that I want to distinguish. This means I end up using a lot of different flow zones. If I were able to group the flow zones into a hierarchy, it would make it much easier to organize projects like these.

• Dilver
    Dilver Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there any update about nested flow zones as this will be very much helpful for the development of my project?

Thanks & Regards

Dilver

• simon_aubert
    simon_aubert Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Coming from Alteryx, I was very surprised that it wasn't possible to be honest. especially with this auto placement of zones, it gives messy results with complex flows.

Best regards,

Simon

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…