Allow nested flow zones

info-rchitect
info-rchitect Registered Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I use flow zones a lot and appreciate the value. Why not extend the capability and allow nested flow zones, i.e. a flow zone within a flow zone?

thx

26 votes

In the Backlog · Last Updated

Comments

• Katie
    Katie Dataiker, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 106 Dataiker

Thanks for the feedback, this is in our backlog and we'll let you know if there are any relevant updates.

Katie

• natejgardner
    natejgardner Neuron, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 151 Neuron

This would be a really big help for me! I am frequently dealing with projects with hundreds and sometimes thousands of datasets, and while flow zones helped a lot, organizing still gets difficult at that scale without being able to nest them.

• ESoto
    ESoto Registered Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am checking to see if Dataiku has now implemented the concept of Nested Zones (Zone within a zone). This would be extremely helpful for my project, as I have zones already made but this is of one main component of my project (ex: multiple zones in Zone "December")

I think the one commenter said this is in the backlog so just seeing if this is still an item for consideration or if it is closer to be developed/released.

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,876 Neuron

Not yet. Call your Customer Success Manager and ask them for an update. The more people ask for a feature the more likely it will get done. Being in the backlog doesn't guarantee it will get done.

• Tony
    Tony Registered Posts: 1

I have projects that incorporate a large number of datasets and recipes with distinct parts of the process that I want to distinguish. This means I end up using a lot of different flow zones. If I were able to group the flow zones into a hierarchy, it would make it much easier to organize projects like these.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…