Retaining Dataiku format in Excel extracts

aazariaz
aazariaz Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

Hi all -

Is there a way to retain the exact formatting of fields in Dataiku when you export the data to excel? For example, I have a field called "Cost" and am using the format function to give it two decimal places, like 25.00. However, when I run the Prepare recipe and export it to Excel, the value is only showing up as 25.

In another field, I also have values that are a mix of numeric and alphanumeric that I'm storing as a string in Dataiku, but when I export it to Excel it is formatting the numeric values as numbers as opposed to text. Is there a way to have all these values be formatted as text when exporting to excel?

I've attached some screenshot examples here. Thanks so much for any help!

Answers

• Jurre
    Jurre Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer, Neuron 2022 Posts: 115 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @aazariaz

concerning forcing Excel to view numeric values as text @tgb417
    suggested using an ' as prefix to these values, excel will view them as text then. As i need some extra clarity there i use a prefix-z instead of Tom's suggestion.

With the formatting-challenge i cannot be of help as in my work process all formatting is done in excel when the end product is in excel-format.

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@aazariaz

If you want to get into coding your own MS Excell export in a Python recipe. You might be able to use some features of Pandas to do this work.

https://xlsxwriter.readthedocs.io/example_pandas_column_formats.html

One of the lovely things about Dataiku DSS is when you hit a wall. You can almost always code your way around the problem.

• Luisa
    Luisa Registered Posts: 3

Hey, I have the same problem, I have an aggregation (sum) which is not shown in my final excel .. what should I do about it ?

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…