saraa1
Level 2
"Version control" buton is not found on dss 8.0.6

I can't find the " verison controle", some help please

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @saraa1 if I understand your question correctly, you are looking where to locate Version Control on the project menu. Please access it from the ellipsis icon:

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.35.37 AM.png

More information on Version control of projects can be in our documentation. Alternatively, here is a link to Version control of projects for version 8.0 of Dataiku. I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
saraa1
Level 2
Author

thank you for your answer, 

but even going to the menu i do not see it, knowing that i'm on the 8.0.6 version,

is there a setup to do in order to have it ?

🙂

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Sara the functionality is built in so it should be there. Can you provide a screenshot of your project menu, like the one I took, and post it here? 

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
saraa1
Level 2
Author

vc.PNG

here's what i have, i wonder if it's a question of the version i'm using

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

It appears you are on the Dataiku App instance. Unfortunately Version Control isn't available here. If you go back to a project page, you should have access but it would be through the App instance. I hope this helps!

saraa1
Level 2
Author

you are amezing ! thank you very much !

so if I understand well, this feature is not on DSS 8.0.6 and in order to apply it we should go to the Application designer from the project menu and follow the steps of creations, until we have the copy of the project (considered as our V1)? 

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @saraa1 to clarify, Version Control is in version 8.0.6 just not on the Dataiku Apps Instance (same for the current version as well). You can access Version Control from the project menu of a Project and not an Application. I hope this clears up any confusion.

0 Kudos
saraa1
Level 2
Author

well, thank you again, but even being on the project menu (with its summery) the button doesn't appear,

0 Kudos
EliasH
Dataiker

Hi @saraa1 ,

From your screenshot is does look like you are using a regular project and not an app instance since you can see the "Application Designer" tab.

The only other reason you can't see the "Version Control" tab from the UI is if you or someone had edited the <data_dir>/install.ini file and set up the git global flag "mode = global". Can you confirm if that's the case? It would look something like this in the file:

[git]
mode = global

If that is the case, then there isn't a UI for version control in DSS with global mode, and no integration with remotes as well. If this choice was made for a reason then you should stick to it, as reverting back to project level version control would require manual work to recreate new git repos for each project and manually commit everything, as well as losing all previous history. 

If you do want go back to project level version control, then you will need to make the change of setting "mode = project" and then running a post-installation command to propagate the changes, and then restarting DSS, as described here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/custom/advanced-customization.html#installation-conf....

If however you reviewed your install.ini file and the git global flag is actually set to "mode = project", then feel free to submit a support ticket at https://support.dataiku.com/support/home where we can help you further.