Use file from code env resources directory with API Test queries

Antal
Use file from code env resources directory with API Test queries

I've built a python API endpoint that uses a certain code environment.

In the resources folder of that code environment is a file.

If I run the API code in a notebook using that code env, I'm able to access that file. But when I run Test queries in the API Designer, the file cannot be found. The code used is the same in both instances.

It seems when you run Test Queries, a temporary API node is created which the queries are then run against. However the file from the code env resource directory seems to not be copied to that temp instance.

What am I doing wrong?

I store the path to the resource directory in an environment variable in the code env using a resource script, which stores the relative path. I have "Run resources initialization script on API node." checked.

# Set data cache directory
set_env_path("CERT_CACHE", "certificate")

# Grant everyone read access to files in folder
grant_permissions(os.getenv("CERT_CACHE"))

When I read that variable from a notebook using the code env by running os.getenv("CERT_CACHE") it reads 

/var/dss_data/code-envs/resources/python/Python37_nn_api/certificate/

and when I run Test Queries in the API Designer it reads as

/var/dss_data/tmp/apinode-devserver/services/FRMAPI/gens/FRMAPI5250601358624916284/endpoint-frm_api/python-env-live/resources/certificate/

Operating system used: Windows

2 Replies
Antal
Author

I managed to find a workaround.

Still interested to know if it's possible for APIs to "inherit" files in the code env resource directory if they were manually added.

0 Kudos
JordanB
Dataiker
Hi @Antal,

API services will include project libraries for project library files included within the same project as the API service. If a package exists in another project and not the one you are currently developing your API service, the project libraries must be shared with the project you are using to develop your API service by going to the project libraries for the "target" project, and entering in the "source" project within the external-libraries.json file under "importLibrariesFromProjects":

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 5.10.21 PM.png

Note that your user must also have "read project content" access to the "source" project. Please see the following on this as well: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python/reusing-code.html#importing-libraries-from-other-projects 

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Jordan
0 Kudos

Labels

?

Setup info

?
A banner prompting to get Dataiku