Folder access error in API endpoint

Options
sdp
sdp Registered Posts: 8

In the API endpoint script, I get an error when trying to access a folder which is placed in the resources of my environment, it's a sentence transformer model which I need to access.

Can someone please suggest?
Screenshot 2024-04-30 161656.png

Answers

• sdp
    edited July 17
    Options

In the API code I'm accessing this env in this way

sentence_transformer_home = os.getenv('SENTENCE_TRANSFORMERS_HOME')
    model_path = os.path.join(sentence_transformer_home, 'sentence-transformers_all-MiniLM-L6-v2')
    model = SentenceTransformer(model_path)
  • Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    Options

Check the permissions of that folder / file and if exists in your API node. It looks like you may need to download the transformers model first before you can invoke it in your function. The API node is a different machine so it won’t have the same thing your Designer node has.

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    edited July 17
    Options

What is

SENTENCE_TRANSFORMERS_HOME

set to? And have you installed the transformers model in this folder?

• sdp
    Options

It's
    Screenshot 2024-05-02 101109.png

also yes, I have downloaded the model
    Screenshot 2024-05-02 101220.png

• Turribeach
    Options

As you can see by the error the code is looking for the model in a tmp directory Dataiku uses to deploy the service. This is not desirable. You should download the model in a generic location in your API node machine and then use an absolute path to reference it in your API service code. That way any service using the transformers model can use the same downloaded model.

• sdp
    Options

That makes sense, thank you @Turribeach
    , I'll try this approach.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…