Trigger and Auto trigger option in scenario

Solved!
saurabh
Level 3
Trigger and Auto trigger option in scenario

Can someone please help me understand what is the basic difference between these 
i am just confused with time based trigger and auto trigger functionality 

When we setup a time based trigger then it would run automatically at that particular time if i am not wrong.

Then what does enabling auto trigger button does.

Operating system used: linux

1 Solution
KeijiY
Dataiker

Hello @saurabh ,

Thank you for posting the question on Community.

The "Auto-triggers" button in the "Run" section on a scenario page controls if the scenario would be executed when a trigger is fired. That being said, in addition to creating/activating a trigger, you also need to enable auto triggers in order for a scenario to run when a trigger is fired. Please see this knowledge base article https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/courses/automation/scenarios-summary.html#configuring-scenarios for the details of scenario configurations/triggers.

I hope that answers your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KeijiY
Dataiker

Hello @saurabh ,

Thank you for posting the question on Community.

The "Auto-triggers" button in the "Run" section on a scenario page controls if the scenario would be executed when a trigger is fired. That being said, in addition to creating/activating a trigger, you also need to enable auto triggers in order for a scenario to run when a trigger is fired. Please see this knowledge base article https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/courses/automation/scenarios-summary.html#configuring-scenarios for the details of scenario configurations/triggers.

I hope that answers your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Turribeach

This is slightly confusing because by default you only have one trigger so the ON button on the default trigger you ge twhen you create a scenario seems to be the same thing as the ON on the Auto-Triggers on the Run section. But once you realise you can have many triggers in each scenario you will understand that you need an overall ON/OFF Auto-Trigger on the Run section (which controls the whole scenario) and individual ON/OFF buttons for each trigger. The ON/OFF Auto-Trigger on the Run section controls the whole scenario, irrespective of individual ON/OFF buttons for each trigger. For a scenario to execute via trigger you need the overall Auto-Trigger ON in the Run and one individual ON in one trigger.

0 Kudos