Trigger and Auto trigger option in scenario

SAURABH
SAURABH Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 26 Partner

Can someone please help me understand what is the basic difference between these
i am just confused with time based trigger and auto trigger functionality

When we setup a time based trigger then it would run automatically at that particular time if i am not wrong.

Then what does enabling auto trigger button does.

Operating system used: linux

Best Answer

• Keiji
    Keiji Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 52 Dataiker
    Answer ✓

Hello @saurabh

Thank you for posting the question on Community.

Then what does enabling auto trigger button does.

The "Auto-triggers" button in the "Run" section on a scenario page controls if the scenario would be executed when a trigger is fired. That being said, in addition to creating/activating a trigger, you also need to enable auto triggers in order for a scenario to run when a trigger is fired. Please see this knowledge base article https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/courses/automation/scenarios-summary.html#configuring-scenarios for the details of scenario configurations/triggers.

I hope that answers your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,032 Neuron

This is slightly confusing because by default you only have one trigger so the ON button on the default trigger you ge twhen you create a scenario seems to be the same thing as the ON on the Auto-Triggers on the Run section. But once you realise you can have many triggers in each scenario you will understand that you need an overall ON/OFF Auto-Trigger on the Run section (which controls the whole scenario) and individual ON/OFF buttons for each trigger. The ON/OFF Auto-Trigger on the Run section controls the whole scenario, irrespective of individual ON/OFF buttons for each trigger. For a scenario to execute via trigger you need the overall Auto-Trigger ON in the Run and one individual ON in one trigger.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…