Submit your inspiring success story or innovative use case to the 2022 Dataiku Frontrunner Awards! ENTER YOUR SUBMISSION

Trigger and Auto trigger option in scenario

Solved!
saurabh
Level 2
Level 2
Trigger and Auto trigger option in scenario

Can someone please help me understand what is the basic difference between these 
i am just confused with time based trigger and auto trigger functionality 

When we setup a time based trigger then it would run automatically at that particular time if i am not wrong.

Then what does enabling auto trigger button does.

Operating system used: linux

1 Solution
KeijiY
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hello @saurabh ,

Thank you for posting the question on Community.

The "Auto-triggers" button in the "Run" section on a scenario page controls if the scenario would be executed when a trigger is fired. That being said, in addition to creating/activating a trigger, you also need to enable auto triggers in order for a scenario to run when a trigger is fired. Please see this knowledge base article https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/courses/automation/scenarios-summary.html#configuring-scenarios for the details of scenario configurations/triggers.

I hope that answers your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KeijiY
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hello @saurabh ,

Thank you for posting the question on Community.

The "Auto-triggers" button in the "Run" section on a scenario page controls if the scenario would be executed when a trigger is fired. That being said, in addition to creating/activating a trigger, you also need to enable auto triggers in order for a scenario to run when a trigger is fired. Please see this knowledge base article https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/courses/automation/scenarios-summary.html#configuring-scenarios for the details of scenario configurations/triggers.

I hope that answers your question. Please let us know if you have any further questions.