Save Static Insight using dkuSaveInsight()

konathan
Level 3
Save Static Insight using dkuSaveInsight()

Hi,

I want to save a rpart plot (through a R recipe) as a static insight to publish it in a dashboard. I have found from this documentation that by using the dkuSaveInsight(), one can save any R plot as a static insight. However, the documentation provided is not very explanatory. Any ideas/help on this would be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

-Konstantina

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @konathan,

There is an academy course that includes code samples using R APIs to save insights: https://academy.dataiku.com/visualization-course/799354

If using ggplot2, here is an example of how you can quickly save a plot to your insights:

library(dataiku)
library(ggplot2)

df <- dkuReadDataset("credit_card_clients_prepared", samplingMethod="head", nbRows=10000)
gg <- ggplot(df, aes(x="age", y="default_on_payment")) +
  geom_line(color="blue")+
  geom_point()
dkuSaveGgplotInsight("default-plots-by-age", gg)

Thanks!

Jordan

0 Kudos
konathan
Level 3
Author

Hi @JordanB!,

Thank you for the resource! However, I have already studied this course and it cannot provide a solution to my problem. The reason is that I am not using any of these libraries for the tree plot. More specifically, I am using the rpart.plot() function.

-Konstantina

0 Kudos
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @konathan,

Have you tried to apply the following code (from the course) to your rpart.plot()? 

dataiku.insights.save_data('chart_prices', payload=chart_prices_insight, content_type= 'text/html' , label=None, encoding='base64')

Thanks,

Jordan

0 Kudos
konathan
Level 3
Author

Hi @JordanB,

Happy New Year! ๐ŸŽ‰ Thank you for the suggestion! I have already tried to use the R equivalent code I found here (our solution is implemented in an R recipe). However, it doesn't seem to work for this type of object and I was not able to find further documentation on this matter.

-Konstantina

0 Kudos
konathan
Level 3
Author

For anyone interested, I have found a workaround solution on this problem - I have created the exact same visual in an RMarkdown report and then, publish it to a Dashboard. Right after the opening ''', in order to avoid the R code from showing up in the report, do not forget to use this line:

{r echo=FALSE, warning=FALSE, message=FALSE}

I hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜€

-Konstantina

0 Kudos