Question for copy prepare line in Flow

lavagod
Level 1
Question for copy prepare line in Flow

Good afternoon. I needed to copy a branch in a stream from one dataset to another. The bottom branch of 2 recipes and 2 datasets should “jump” up to the dataset Online_Ratail_Prepared

I don't understand how to do this. I can copy a branch, but how can I “attach” it to the dataset I need? Sorry if my question is simple, but I can't go any further. Thank you

screenshot-dss-e1891224-42bbe9c3-dku.eu-west-3.app.dataiku.io-2023.09.03-12_49_22.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @lavagod ,
You can copy the 2 recipes to the same flow, by selecting both and going Flow Action - Copy subflow and then copy int he same project.
This will initially duplicate your "branch" with the same input being on Online_Retail_Prepared1.
Now go to the duplicate "branches" distinct recipe and change the input of the recipe from Online_Retail_Prepared1 to Online_Retail_Prepared.

Let us know if that's what you were looking for.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 12.47.49 PM.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos
lavagod
Level 1
Author

Yes, it worked! Thank you very much. I thought that it was possible to somehow move the branch and it would “apply itself” to the dataset, but this method of copying and changing the source of application seems to be more consistent with the concept of the system? In any case, everything worked out, thanks again!

0 Kudos