Merging two webapps in dataiku

Solved!
Ankur30
Level 3
Merging two webapps in dataiku

Hi Dataiker,

Can we merge two webapps in Dataiku DSS one created using Standard code and another using Dash webapps.

Thanks,

Ankur.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi,

By that I mean either:

- write the necessary code in your Dash webapp to reproduce what is inside the existing html/css/javascript part

- port your Dash webapp code into a standard webapp and combine it with the existing html/css/javascript part

In any case, there will be mandatory rewrite/refactoring steps to be taken that cannot be automated.

Best,

Harizo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi Ankur,

If you want to display 2 different webapps that won't interact with each other in the same screen, you can insert them as distinct tiles into the same dashboard slide.

If you want to combine 2 web apps into a single one, since they both rely on different backends, their code is different and thus cannot be merged in a fully automated way. The best alternative is to pick a reference backend and port the other web app on it by changing its code accordingly.

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos
Ankur30
Level 3
Author

Thank you @HarizoR for the prompt response.

I have code build in Dash webapp but I have some part of code written in html/css/javascript. 

Can I share merge these two. Can you throw some more light on below comment i.e. 

"The best alternative is to pick a reference backend and port the other web app on it by changing its code accordingly".

Thanks,

Ankur.

0 Kudos
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi,

By that I mean either:

- write the necessary code in your Dash webapp to reproduce what is inside the existing html/css/javascript part

- port your Dash webapp code into a standard webapp and combine it with the existing html/css/javascript part

In any case, there will be mandatory rewrite/refactoring steps to be taken that cannot be automated.

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos