Merging two webapps in dataiku

Ankur30
Ankur30 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 40 Partner

Hi Dataiker,

Can we merge two webapps in Dataiku DSS one created using Standard code and another using Dash webapps.

Thanks,

Ankur.

Best Answer

• HarizoR
    HarizoR Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Registered Posts: 138 Dataiker
    Answer ✓

Hi,

By that I mean either:

- write the necessary code in your Dash webapp to reproduce what is inside the existing html/css/javascript part

- port your Dash webapp code into a standard webapp and combine it with the existing html/css/javascript part

In any case, there will be mandatory rewrite/refactoring steps to be taken that cannot be automated.

Best,

Harizo

Answers

• HarizoR
    HarizoR Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Registered Posts: 138 Dataiker

Hi Ankur,

If you want to display 2 different webapps that won't interact with each other in the same screen, you can insert them as distinct tiles into the same dashboard slide.

If you want to combine 2 web apps into a single one, since they both rely on different backends, their code is different and thus cannot be merged in a fully automated way. The best alternative is to pick a reference backend and port the other web app on it by changing its code accordingly.

Best,

Harizo

• Ankur30
    Ankur30 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 40 Partner

Thank you @HarizoR
    for the prompt response.

I have code build in Dash webapp but I have some part of code written in html/css/javascript.

Can I share merge these two. Can you throw some more light on below comment i.e.

"The best alternative is to pick a reference backend and port the other web app on it by changing its code accordingly".

Thanks,

Ankur.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…