Interactive chart in DSS

Solved!
Raouf
Level 2
Interactive chart in DSS
Hello,

Is it possible to make an interactive chart in DSS chart's section. By interactive chart, I mean a chart that changes according to user selection ?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cperdigou
Dataiker Alumni

It mainly depends on the level of interaction you are looking for.

DSS charts can be animated along a dimension, as well as split into subcharts since the release of version 4.1.

You can also add filters to your charts, which can be interacted with.

If you need more advanced interactions, you will need to create a webapp. HTML webapps are possible in DSS, version 4.1 introduces Bokeh and Shiny webapps. Some templates are included that will help you get started with creating widgets in those libraries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cperdigou
Dataiker Alumni

It mainly depends on the level of interaction you are looking for.

DSS charts can be animated along a dimension, as well as split into subcharts since the release of version 4.1.

You can also add filters to your charts, which can be interacted with.

If you need more advanced interactions, you will need to create a webapp. HTML webapps are possible in DSS, version 4.1 introduces Bokeh and Shiny webapps. Some templates are included that will help you get started with creating widgets in those libraries.

0 Kudos
Raouf
Level 2
Author
Okay, thank you.

But could the filters on my chart are accessible if my chart is on a dashboard ?
0 Kudos
cperdigou
Dataiker Alumni
Yes but only once you open the insight (the dashboard doesn't show the controls, the full screen insight does), no changes to the filter will be saved.
0 Kudos
mayur_garg
Level 1

Hi, i have a follow up related question so asking here. From Dashboard, Once we are at insight of chart, we can use filter and there is also a click to go the source data set. My user requirement is that once he put filter on chart then he wants to go back to the source data with the same filters applied to deep dive and analyse the problem data. If source data is without filter, then user has no idea which data is to be anlaysed. Is there any work around on this. Thanks

0 Kudos
Raouf
Level 2
Author
Very well ๐Ÿ™‚
0 Kudos
mayur_garg
Level 1

Hi, i have a follow up related question so asking here. From Dashboard, Once we are at insight of chart, we can use filter and there is also a click to go the source data set.

My user requirement is that once he put filter on chart then he wants to go back to the source data with the same filters applied to deep dive and analyse the problem data.

If source data is without filter, then user has no idea which data is to be anlaysed.

Is there any work around on this. Thanks

0 Kudos