How to plot 2 graphs in one chart ( analyzed data and set monthly targets )

Onkabetse
Level 1
How to plot 2 graphs in one chart ( analyzed data and set monthly targets )
I would like to display 2 graphs in one chart to compare how my analyzed dataset compare to the set monthly targets. I have looked around for tutorials but haven't seen any example like that.
4 Replies
Alan_Fustรฉ
Level 3

Hi Onkabetse,

You will have to use Dashboards.

In chart page you have got a "Publish" button, if you click on it, you will have the option to export each chart to a Dashboard (in your case, export both charts to the same dashboard and slide).

You can find more information here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/dashboards/index.html ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Onkabetse
Level 1
Author
Lets say; Am analysing T-Shirt sales. I have a target of 1000 shirts sales / month. Additionally i have actual data from my database. I have done a group by month to see how am selling every month. Now i want to compare this with my targets on the same graph. How do i get the 2 lines on the same chart? The actual data plotted together with the target values on the same graph.
0 Kudos
cperdigou
Dataiker Alumni
You would need to add a column to your data with the target. Then you can drag both the actual data and the target to the same graph.
0 Kudos
Alan_Fustรฉ
Level 3
Ok, now I've understood better your problem.

You can change to Line the chart type, there: put in the X axis the months (DSS allows you to configure the date range, so if you have got a field Date will also work) and in the Y axis you can put the sales (you have to have all the sales in the same dataset, if you don't, you may to a Join Recipe in order to join all the sales columns).
0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (2)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku