How to edit a dataset ?

Solved!
Hugo_Wsld
Level 2
How to edit a dataset ?

Hello everyone,

I exported an excel file and I would like to be able to add columns and rowsand calculations from Dataiku DSS as if I was in Excel !

Thanks !

Hugo

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi Hugo,

In DSS you can edit datasets by using a "Push to editable" recipe. You can read more about here . 

You can find it under Other Recipes, once the new dataset is created you can click on Edit and it will bring up page shows below. 

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.03.15.pngScreenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.04.18.pngScreenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.04.30.png

View solution in original post

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Hugo_Wsld besides Alex's great solution (thanks for accepting it btw!) I just wanted to provide you with this resource. Just incase you haven't accessed it yet, here is the Excel to Dataiku DSS Quick Start on the Dataiku Academy. 

This short hands-on tutorial is geared towards business analysts and other Excel users entirely new to Dataiku. It focuses on using the point-and-click interface and performing some of the most common Excel data processing and analysis tasks in a more efficient and scalable way with Dataiku.

The tutorial introduces many of the essential capabilities of Dataiku by walking through a simple use case: connecting to, preparing, and analyzing CRM and web sales data. 

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi Hugo,

In DSS you can edit datasets by using a "Push to editable" recipe. You can read more about here . 

You can find it under Other Recipes, once the new dataset is created you can click on Edit and it will bring up page shows below. 

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.03.15.pngScreenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.04.18.pngScreenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.04.30.png

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Hugo_Wsld besides Alex's great solution (thanks for accepting it btw!) I just wanted to provide you with this resource. Just incase you haven't accessed it yet, here is the Excel to Dataiku DSS Quick Start on the Dataiku Academy. 

This short hands-on tutorial is geared towards business analysts and other Excel users entirely new to Dataiku. It focuses on using the point-and-click interface and performing some of the most common Excel data processing and analysis tasks in a more efficient and scalable way with Dataiku.

The tutorial introduces many of the essential capabilities of Dataiku by walking through a simple use case: connecting to, preparing, and analyzing CRM and web sales data. 

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
Hugo_Wsld
Level 2
Author

Thanks for your very quick responses!

I'll see the tutorials and try it all right away 🙂 

Is it possible to do calculations directly on the data table?

Have a nice day!

Hugo

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi, Not currently possible directly in the editable data table, where you can add rows, columns, and edit values there. Calculations needed can be done Prepare recipe.

0 Kudos