How do I merge branches?

Solved!
Rickh008
Level 3
How do I merge branches?

I have created a duplicate project using version control in DSS. I have created the changes that I would like to make and would now like to merge this branch to the master branch.

The instructions under Merging Branches aren't clear enough for me to accomplish this. Do I need to activate a "remote" and work outside of DSS to achieve this merging?

Is there an instructional video on how to do this or could someone please post an instructional guide?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MiguelangelC
Dataiker

Hi,

Merging branches is not available directly from DSS. This is because we can take advantage of the methodology native to Git to do so. Consequently, the documentation mentions the steps of creating a remote, doing a pull request and finally pulling the merged branch back.

Since the merging happens outside of DSS we do not have specific information about the individual steps. Nevertheless, documentation about it is abundant depending on where the remote is located. For example, for GitHub

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Rickh008 I don't have a video unfortunately but how about this tutorial/resource in the Knowledge Base while you wait for a more complete response:

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
Rickh008
Level 3
Author

Thanks @CoreyS  but I think I need some additional instruction. This resource also makes reference to merging branches outside of Dataiku. I think I need to read up on using Git with DSS.

"In order to merge the changes with the master branch, do that in the normal way outside of Dataiku."

0 Kudos
MiguelangelC
Dataiker

Hi,

Merging branches is not available directly from DSS. This is because we can take advantage of the methodology native to Git to do so. Consequently, the documentation mentions the steps of creating a remote, doing a pull request and finally pulling the merged branch back.

Since the merging happens outside of DSS we do not have specific information about the individual steps. Nevertheless, documentation about it is abundant depending on where the remote is located. For example, for GitHub

Labels

?

Setup info

?
A banner prompting to get Dataiku