How can I use the Public API Python client?

UserBird
Dataiker
How can I use the Public API Python client?

Hi

I am following the steps in the documentation to connect to DSS from outside using Public API Python Client. However, I am not able to connect and an getting the error as shown in the figure. Can you please help me how to connect to DSS.. I created a person API key where i got " Id  " and  " secret". I used "secret" . as API keys. Am i doing it correctly. Can someone please guide me if i m doing mistake.

Regards, 

Sam

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sam648
Level 2

The Error is 

"

ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=11200): Max retries exceeded with url: /dip/publicapi/projects/ (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x116870650>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61] Connection refused',))

"

0 Kudos
Clรฉment_Stenac
This error ("connection refused") means that there is no DSS currently running on http://localhost:11200 on the machine where you're running the Python code
0 Kudos
Sam648
Level 2
What should I be entering in" host" . What address or port number should i mention there? How to find that out ?
0 Kudos
Clรฉment_Stenac
It should be the URL on which DSS is accessible from the location where the notebook is running. Unfortunately, we do not know your setup and cannot help more on that. Maybe you could give us more details ?
0 Kudos