Do I need to restart dss everytime I modify a custom library ?

Options
Karmah
Karmah Registered Posts: 9 ✭✭✭✭
Well,

I think I'm doing something wrong. Every single time I update a library or create one and before I can use said library I have to 'dss restart' before I can use the (updated) librarie in a notebook (come to think of it , I haven't checked on a python recipe) .

If I don't restart ,the import will fail for a new custom lib , or the any code update would be ignored.

As you can imagine , it is problematic when I'm working on a notebook while a heavy job is running , dss restart would just kill the job.

So I guess my question would be : 'is there another way to get lib changes taken into account into a notebook ?'

If not I'd recommand some changes to be implemented because as much as the custom lib helps by not having to copy functions in each and every notebooks/recipe in a project , the need to restart dss (not just the kernel) kind of defeat at least partly the gain to the point that I sometime won't use the feature.

Thank you in advance for your answer !

K.

Also when I dss restart with an open notebook , the kernel takes ages to reinitialize after the restart is complete (but that is far less an issue than the previous one).

Precision : I'm talking about using the 'librairies' feature in the 'notebook' section of a project
Tagged:

Answers

• Clément_Stenac
    Clément_Stenac Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 753 Dataiker
    Options
    Hi,

You only need to restart the notebook itself. Either from the notebook: File > Close and Halt, or from the notebooks list, click on the yellow X to unload the notebook
  • Karmah
    Karmah Registered Posts: 9 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thx.
    As it happens, restarting kernel does not suffice in my case, yet 'close and halt' followed by reopening does (go figure). So all's well and all that.
Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…