Can I share a Jupyter notebook to dashboard and have user execute it? and/or can I run bokeh server?

Solved!
Peter_R_Knight
Level 2
Can I share a Jupyter notebook to dashboard and have user execute it? and/or can I run bokeh server?

I have a Jupyter notebook that creates a bokeh plot based on a search term.  I would like to share this to a dashboard so that a dashboard only user can enter a search term and update the plot. is there any way to do this - either by sharing the notebook and allowing dashboard users to run paragraphs.  or I might be able to do the same using bokeh server but not sure how to do that in DSS.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Liev
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Peter_R_Knight 

You can publish notebooks to dashboards, but those are for viewing only, not running code.

If you're comfortable coding web apps, then you could create one with an input field, and publish the webapp to a dashboard. Then inside your webapp, that input's field content would be used to perform whatever actions you need to.

Keep in mind, that should this trigger flow actions in your project, those actions won't be concurrent and exclusive to the users accessing your webapp.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Liev
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Peter_R_Knight 

You can publish notebooks to dashboards, but those are for viewing only, not running code.

If you're comfortable coding web apps, then you could create one with an input field, and publish the webapp to a dashboard. Then inside your webapp, that input's field content would be used to perform whatever actions you need to.

Keep in mind, that should this trigger flow actions in your project, those actions won't be concurrent and exclusive to the users accessing your webapp.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Peter_R_Knight
Level 2
Author

Thanks, I'll give the bokeh web app methods a go.

0 Kudos
Peter_R_Knight
Level 2
Author

I was successfully able to convert my code into a Bokeh web app and publish it to the dashboard.  Thanks!