Add filter for all charts in Dashboard

AlexGer
Level 2
Add filter for all charts in Dashboard
Hello,

how can I add filters for all charts in dashboard, so that one filter applies to several charts. Now I have to click on one chart and apply filter only for this chart.

Something like that exists with all BI tools.

Thank you for any help!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni
Hi Alex,

Thanks for that feedback. It is not currently possible to have one filter apply to multiple charts in a dashboard, as of Dataiku DSS 5.0.

I added your feature request to our backlog.

Cheers,

Alex
0 Kudos
AlexGer
Level 2
Author
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. It's a great pity, this is "must have" feature. I hope very much that it will be realized later.

Cheers
0 Kudos
davidmakovoz

Is it still true, there is no way to have a global filter?

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

@davidmakovoz Thank you for your question. We can confirm there is still not a global filter at this point for all charts in Dashboards.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @AlexGer and @davidmakovoz,

With the release of Dataiku 10, we've made dashboard filters available. Here's how:

1. Open a dashboard in edit mode
  2. Add a filter tile using the "+" icon
  3. Select the source of your filter (i.e. where you want the columns and values to come from)
  4. Select which columns you want to add as filters
  5. Save ๐Ÿ˜Ž

A dashboard filter tile will apply to all chart and dataset insights on a dashboard slide where shared columns have the same name and type.

For more info, check out this video that demos this and other improvements made to visualizations in Dataiku 10, take a look at a hands-on tutorial, or browse the reference doc.

Enjoy,

Ashley