Achitecture options

Solved!
khoward88
Level 2
Achitecture options

Presently we are setup with a Design node and automation node style Architecture with 2 api node instances. I am looking at options for scaling that down a bit but not sure what is best practice. Could we safely scale down to just one node (remove automation or design) and just logically separate our datasets / projects under development? I know the answer will depend alot on our usage but I am just curious if it is possible to do this at all from an architecture perspective.

Thanks in Advance - Kyle

Operating system used: Linux

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @khoward88 ,

If you haven't done so already, this would be an excellent topic to discuss with your Field Engineer.

While you can technically install Design/Automation/API Nodes on the same server, this approach would have some downsides, and your current usage would need to be considered.  

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @khoward88 ,

If you haven't done so already, this would be an excellent topic to discuss with your Field Engineer.

While you can technically install Design/Automation/API Nodes on the same server, this approach would have some downsides, and your current usage would need to be considered.  

Thanks