Jupyter Notebook 7 Support

About a month ago, Project Jupyter announced the release of Jupyter Notebook 7. With this updates comes a new editor experience with more customization, a visual debugger, more robust features built on the development of JupyterLab and many other changes. It would be great to see Dataiku update to this new version of notebooks which are updated by default when you develop locally. 

4 Comments
guntherknotts
Level 2

https://blog.jupyter.org/announcing-jupyter-notebook-7-8d6d66126dcf

Link to the official post from Project Jupyter regarding all of the feature changes. Launch a notebook locally and you should be able to see the new developer experience.

https://blog.jupyter.org/announcing-jupyter-notebook-7-8d6d66126dcf

Link to the official post from Project Jupyter regarding all of the feature changes. Launch a notebook locally and you should be able to see the new developer experience.

Interactive debug looks very useful. Let's see how long it takes Dataiku to add support for it. The latest Dataiku v12 release is using 5.7.16-dku-12.1-0.
Interactive debug looks very useful. Let's see how long it takes Dataiku to add support for it. The latest Dataiku v12 release is using 5.7.16-dku-12.1-0.

It is my understanding that the Dataiku DSS Jupyter notebook environment may not exactly be standard issue Jupyter installation. The good thing is that it just works today when you get an installation working.

I'm all for having this feature kept up to date.  However, I would not want this to go the way of the Visual Studio support.  The setup of that integration seems so non-trivial that I have not pursued it.  I'd hate for Jupyter Notebooks to become complicated to use as things like R, or Visual Studio, Graphical Data Exports. 

If we get an upgrade, my personal COS is that this should just work out of the box like the current Jupyter Notebooks work.

--Tom

It is my understanding that the Dataiku DSS Jupyter notebook environment may not exactly be standard issue Jupyter installation. The good thing is that it just works today when you get an installation working.

I'm all for having this feature kept up to date.  However, I would not want this to go the way of the Visual Studio support.  The setup of that integration seems so non-trivial that I have not pursued it.  I'd hate for Jupyter Notebooks to become complicated to use as things like R, or Visual Studio, Graphical Data Exports. 

If we get an upgrade, my personal COS is that this should just work out of the box like the current Jupyter Notebooks work.

AshleyW
Dataiker

Thanks for your idea, @guntherknotts. Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information.

If youโ€™re reading this post and think it would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post! Feel free to leave a comment in the discussion about how this capability would help you or your team.

Take care,
Ashley

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for your idea, @guntherknotts. Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information.

If youโ€™re reading this post and think it would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post! Feel free to leave a comment in the discussion about how this capability would help you or your team.

Take care,
Ashley