We're excited to announce that we're launching the second installment of Dataiku Product Days Register Now

How about copying all recipes from from one project to another?

I can copy steps from a prepare recipe from one project to another but there should be options to copy all recipes from one project to another such as join recipe and suppose I want to keep a few of my steps common for all projects, then I don't have to them every time for all projects.

what do you think?

4 Comments
natejgardner
Level 6

I think a macro function would be really nice - a super-recipe made of other recipes. If this could be saved and version controlled independently, then copied to any project with inputs and outputs replaced, it'd save a lot of time rebuilding standard workflows across projects. The mapping utility from the stack recipe could be used to replace specific column names.

AshleyW
Dataiker
Dataiker

Have you explored the 'application-as-recipe' capabilities?

In a nutshell, they're designed to allow you to package a flow into a recipe that you can reuse in other projects. This Knowledge Base article on Applications and app-as-recipe might be an interesting read.

CoreyS
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Needs Info

natejgardner
Level 6

This is pretty close to what I was looking for! It definitely works, though ideally it could work for any portion of a flow rather than an entire project - if this could apply at the flow zone level rather than the project level for example, that'd be even better. It also may be worth promoting this feature up a little higher in the UI - this is way too useful to be hidden under a menu. In any case, I'm excited to test the current version of this feature out!