VirtualBox Git Integration

Solved!
datatangerine
Level 2
VirtualBox Git Integration

I'm new to dataiku and installed dataiku DSS on a linux VM following the instructions here https://www.dataiku.com/product/get-started/virtualbox/

Next, I'd like to import code from Gitlab.

Is the git integration available in the VM edition? And if yes, can you provide detailed instructions on how to set it up. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @datatangerine ,
Based on your last note you have created the ssh key in the wrong path.

For this to work in DSS you should have it in the .ssh directory of the dss user e.g

/home/dataiku/.ssh 

Alternatively, you can point it to a different ssh key path but this the git version installed to be version to  2.1+ 
CAn you please try to re-create the id_rsa or ed25519 in the right directly and try to ssh again with the flags -vvv to see more details about which SSH key was used?

ssh -vvv git@..

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ClemenceB
Dataiker

Hi @datatangerine ,

The git integration is available in the VM edition. To set up the connexion, you can follow these instructions (you'll need to create a SSH key in your VM console). Then you'll be able to import your code from Gitlab in your project Libraries (more information on this page).

Let me know if it helps.

Best,

Clรฉmence

datatangerine
Level 2
Author

Thanks @ClemenceB , 

Regarding the SSH key (and .ssh), in which folder should I store it? 

My folder structure is as follows:

home
- dataiku
    - dataiku-dss-11.13
    - dss

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ClemenceB
Dataiker

You can create it in the home directory (if needed you can follow gitlab instructions)

datatangerine
Level 2
Author

I followed your instructions:

Created /home/.ssh/<filename>.pub and copied the contents to a new SSH key on my Github account (VM console)

Ran ssh git@myserver.com to verify the host (VM console)

I got the following error:

Permission denied (publickey) 

Any help is much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @datatangerine ,
Based on your last note you have created the ssh key in the wrong path.

For this to work in DSS you should have it in the .ssh directory of the dss user e.g

/home/dataiku/.ssh 

Alternatively, you can point it to a different ssh key path but this the git version installed to be version to  2.1+ 
CAn you please try to re-create the id_rsa or ed25519 in the right directly and try to ssh again with the flags -vvv to see more details about which SSH key was used?

ssh -vvv git@..

Thanks

0 Kudos
datatangerine
Level 2
Author

Hi @AlexT ,

Thanks for your help. Creating the ssh key in the dataiku folder solved it for me. Additionally, I had to configure the core.sshCommand to point it to the right path as described here

"core.sshCommand" = "ssh -i /home/dataiku/.ssh/id_ed25519.pub -o StrictHostKeyChecking=yes"

Additionally, I used VirtualBox and used mounting to share the ssh key. 

0 Kudos