Using the next page url provided in the API Plugin

Solved!
Emiel_Veersma
Level 3
Using the next page url provided in the API Plugin

Hi all!

I'm trying to access the list applications endpoint of the Greenhouse API with the API plugin. The endpoint uses pagination and a next page is provided in the header. I've tried different setups with the API plugin, but I can't get it to work (while it works with a python script). The error I get is: 

Failed to read from python dataset : <class 'rest_api_client.RestAPIClientError'> : The api-connect plugin is stuck in a loop. Please check the pagination parameters.

I'm wondering how I can debug this and get it to work. Help is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexB
Dataiker

Hi !

This type of pagination is not yet supported by the API plugin. For now you can only retrieve the first page, or feed the page numbers using the api-connect recipe and a "page" query parameter for instance.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlexB
Dataiker

Hi !

This type of pagination is not yet supported by the API plugin. For now you can only retrieve the first page, or feed the page numbers using the api-connect recipe and a "page" query parameter for instance.

PhilipMannering
Level 1

@AlexB Is this now supported? I cannot get it to work.

0 Kudos

@PhilipMannering first check that the API you are trying to access is using RFC-5988 type pagination.

- You will need to have a recent version of the plugin (v1.1.2 or later).

- Then set the pagination mechanism to "Next page URL provided" and keep the "Key to next request URL" empty.

- You might still have to set the "Next page URL is relative" on or off according to the API's specifications.

0 Kudos