Resampling Multivariate Time Series: Resampling Plugin

Options
AdhiThibu
AdhiThibu Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, community!

I Have a dataset with 3 columns( Date, Item_ID, quantity), my period of studies is from 2015 to 2020.

Some Item Id don't have a full history, I want to resample the dataset, and I used the TS plugging resampling with these settings:

TSs.PNG

But I don't get the desired result, did I miss something? Or id there another way to achieve this?

Example of the desired output for this Item Id:

res.PNG

Best Answer

• AdhiThibu
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Dataikers!

I managed to solve the problem by fixing the day in the input dates to the last day of the month instead of the first day of the month I used before, and then the sampling works just fine.

Thank you for your feedback

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Options

@AdhiThibu

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.

For a bunch of additional information about time series preparation in the following Dataiku academy lesson.

https://academy.dataiku.com/path/ml-practitioner/time-series-preparation-1/609907

@CoreyS
    the Academy seems to have gone down just now.

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must have been a momentary blip because its working for me!
  • tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Options

OK, it's back up and running for me as well. Thanks.

• AdhiThibu
    Options

Hey!

Thanks for your feedback, I checked the resources, the problem for me was that the format of the date column was:

2011-01-01T00:00:00.000Z

2013-01-01T00:00:00.000Z

2015-01-01T00:00:00.000Z

And when applying the sampling, with the 'Years' unit, I expected that only the year will be incremented, while the output also fixes the month to 12 and the day to 31.

I want to know in which format should I put my date column before the sampling, if I would like to use the 'Months' unit?

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…