Query builder UI for data plugin

somepunter
Level 3
Query builder UI for data plugin

Without needing to create a custom javascript ui, Can I build something like this UI using  DSS's available json ui components where I can increase and decrease the number of entries?

https://react-querybuilder.js.org/react-querybuilder

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @somepunter,

For plugin parameters, your main option would be to use the visibilityCondition setting and dynamically  generated selection choices with Python in order  to display varying form options for the user to select. Depending on what you need to do, the dynamic selection choices may address your needs and is fairly easy to implement.

If you really want the user have the option to for users to "add rows" as conditions to a form and the above option will not work for you, then indeed the main option would be to use Javascript. You will probably want to look into building a Webapp. You can fully customize a webapp, so would certainly be able to implement something like this. 

I'm attaching  an export of a project that contains a simple webapp example that allows the user to add form rows and a brief walkthrough of it here. I'm sure your implementation would require a fair amount of customization but wanted to pass along an example in case it's helpful. 

Let me know if you have any questions about the Plugin options as well. 

Thanks,
Sarina

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku