Plugin choose code env

Solved!
sseveur
Level 3
Plugin choose code env

Hi,

Will it be able to use an already created code environment instead of always creating a new one per plugin ? 

It's not data efficient to be forced to have duplicates.

Kind regards,

Steven 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @sseveur 

The general idea was to have unique code envs for each plugin as they usually contain a different set of packages or package versions. Having the code env to be shared among several plugins might be difficult from packages/versions compatibility standpoint.

But I agree with you that if the code env is identical, this can be useful and efficient to be shared for several plugins. If I am not mistaken this has been already discussed and we might find a way to do this in the future. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @sseveur 

The general idea was to have unique code envs for each plugin as they usually contain a different set of packages or package versions. Having the code env to be shared among several plugins might be difficult from packages/versions compatibility standpoint.

But I agree with you that if the code env is identical, this can be useful and efficient to be shared for several plugins. If I am not mistaken this has been already discussed and we might find a way to do this in the future. 

sseveur
Level 3
Author

Didn't find a post talking about it. 

It would of course be to the user to correctly handle the compatibility between those. 

I assume plugins and code-env are handled by high level profiles who know what they are doing if using a code-env for multiple plugins. 

0 Kudos