Pluggin code env

Solved!
tNbre
Level 2
Pluggin code env

Hi,

I'm trying to create a pluggin based on a python recipe than i'm using several time in my projet.

My issue is that i'm working on an standalone machine that have no acces to internet therefor when i try to add a code env to my pluggin it fail and i'm not able to run it.

Is there a way to use an existing code env in my pluggin? I saw a previous post from 2021 that tried to address this subjet but i dont see any reply.

thanks.

Operating system used: Linux

1 Solution
tNbre
Level 2
Author

@Turribeachthanks to your idea i found a way to do it so for other people that would ask the same question here is how i did:

1) creating the custom plugin and building his code env even if this will end in a bug;

2) in the VM navigate in your DATA_DIR. to ./code-envs/python/

3) here you can see the new plugin env that you just build. Write the name somewhere and delete the folder

4) copy another code env that have all the required package and rename it with the name of the previous step.

Reloads your plugin and it should work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Turribeach

Have you tried migrating the plugin code environment manually? All code environments are stored under ./code-envs/python/ with the plugin code envs starting with plugin_* in your DATA_DIR.

0 Kudos
tNbre
Level 2
Author

@Turribeachcould you describe how to do that? I'm using dataiku VM and i would need to use linux cmd

0 Kudos
tNbre
Level 2
Author

@Turribeachthanks to your idea i found a way to do it so for other people that would ask the same question here is how i did:

1) creating the custom plugin and building his code env even if this will end in a bug;

2) in the VM navigate in your DATA_DIR. to ./code-envs/python/

3) here you can see the new plugin env that you just build. Write the name somewhere and delete the folder

4) copy another code env that have all the required package and rename it with the name of the previous step.

Reloads your plugin and it should work.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Thank you @tNbre for sharing your solution with the rest of the community!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos