Install Oracle JDBC driver

Solved!
IsaacChavez
Level 2
Install Oracle JDBC driver

I want to make a connection to a Oracle database, to install driver as it is mentioned here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/connecting/sql/oracle.html

but there was no directory /lib/jdbc, so I created the jdbc directory and install the driver, and restarted Dataiku, the error was the same as it was't install 

Connection failed: Failed to load database driver: Failed to load JDBC driver (oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver), caused by: ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Is there something else I have to do? Or the driver is not detected by Dataiku? since I did not find the directory jdbc and I created myself. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @IsaacChavez,

The JAR file should be located at lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar within your DSS data dir (X is your Java version).

This is what the directory structure of your DSS data dir should look like:

DSS_DATA_DIR
├── bin
├── config
├── dss-version.json
├── install.ini
├── jobs
├── lib
│   ├── code_studio
│   ├── java
│   ├── jdbc
│   │   └── ojdbc8.jar
│   ├── projects
│   ├── python
│   ├── R
│   └── user-data
└── run

If the JAR file is in the right location, please make sure that it's actually a JAR file. If you downloaded it via the command line, it might actually be an HTML file. You can verify that it's a JAR file by running the following command (be sure to change the filename):

file lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar

The output of the command should look like this:

lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar: Java archive data (JAR)

Don't forget to restart DSS after making any changes.

Thanks,

Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @IsaacChavez,

The JAR file should be located at lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar within your DSS data dir (X is your Java version).

This is what the directory structure of your DSS data dir should look like:

DSS_DATA_DIR
├── bin
├── config
├── dss-version.json
├── install.ini
├── jobs
├── lib
│   ├── code_studio
│   ├── java
│   ├── jdbc
│   │   └── ojdbc8.jar
│   ├── projects
│   ├── python
│   ├── R
│   └── user-data
└── run

If the JAR file is in the right location, please make sure that it's actually a JAR file. If you downloaded it via the command line, it might actually be an HTML file. You can verify that it's a JAR file by running the following command (be sure to change the filename):

file lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar

The output of the command should look like this:

lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar: Java archive data (JAR)

Don't forget to restart DSS after making any changes.

Thanks,

Zach

0 Kudos