Install Oracle JDBC driver

IsaacChavez
IsaacChavez Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 14

I want to make a connection to a Oracle database, to install driver as it is mentioned here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/connecting/sql/oracle.html

but there was no directory /lib/jdbc, so I created the jdbc directory and install the driver, and restarted Dataiku, the error was the same as it was't install

Connection failed: Failed to load database driver: Failed to load JDBC driver (oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver), caused by: ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Is there something else I have to do? Or the driver is not detected by Dataiku? since I did not find the directory jdbc and I created myself.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Zach
    Zach Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 153 Dataiker
    edited July 17 Answer ✓

Hi @IsaacChavez

The JAR file should be located at lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar within your DSS data dir (X is your Java version).

This is what the directory structure of your DSS data dir should look like:

DSS_DATA_DIR
    ├── bin
    ├── config
    ├── dss-version.json
    ├── install.ini
    ├── jobs
    ├── lib
    │   ├── code_studio
    │   ├── java
    │   ├── jdbc
    │   │   └── ojdbc8.jar
    │   ├── projects
    │   ├── python
    │   ├── R
    │   └── user-data
    └── run

If the JAR file is in the right location, please make sure that it's actually a JAR file. If you downloaded it via the command line, it might actually be an HTML file. You can verify that it's a JAR file by running the following command (be sure to change the filename):

file lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar

The output of the command should look like this:

lib/jdbc/ojdbcX.jar: Java archive data (JAR)

Don't forget to restart DSS after making any changes.

Thanks,

Zach

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…