Hi, everyone. 

I want to send a mail using the Send email plugin. I set the field like this:

Recipient (column): mail

Sender (value): my_email@gmail.com

Subject (value): Example

Body (value): This is the body

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

SMTP port: 587

But when I saw the output dataset, in each row(where each recipient's email is) it says: (530, '5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. o18-20020a0cf4d2000000b0063d316af55csm424171qvm.3 - gsmtp', u'my_email@gmail.com')

Do you know why it occurs?

Than you, very much!

Operating system used: Linux

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Turribeach

This plugin only works with unauthenticated and unencrypted SMTP servers which of course Gmail is not. 

0 Kudos
tgb417

Does anyone know of a way to work with Gmail servers from within Dataiku DSS?

--Tom
0 Kudos
Turribeach

Ah, an easy question for chatGPT:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 23.15.41.png

Turribeach

BTW I just tested using Gmail as a Mail SMTP messaging channel in Dataiku and it works fine. Here is my configuration:

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 18.45.51.png

rslay
Dataiker

Hi All!

It appears that Google made some updates for how it interacts with third-party applications when a user's account has enabled two-factor authentication. These steps worked for me to connect the Send Emails Plugin to Gmail 

Notes:

• Confirm your Administrator has created a Mail (SMTP) channel in Administration -> Settings -> Notifications & Integrations
  • Set the Host to smtp.gmail.com (Gmail SMTP)
  • Set the Port to 587 (or 465 for SSL/TLS)
  • If two-factor authentication is enabled, you must create a Google App Passwords. This auto-generated code should be used as the Password, versus a user's standard login information. I used this code both when setting up the Mail SMTP Channel (in the Administration section) and within the Send Emails Plugin

Links:

0 Kudos
Sayankensi
Level 1

Start by checking out the plugin's documentation for step-by-step instructions. Also, if you're dealing with email lists, it's always a good idea to run them through an email verifier tool. It helps ensure your emails reach the right inboxes without any hiccups.

0 Kudos