Download pretrained image classification model

davidmakovoz
Download pretrained image classification model

I'm following  the Image classification tutorial . I installed the two plugins. 

I am getting an error when I try to run the macro "Download pre-trained model (v2)"

I attached a screen shot and the full text of the error message.

My guess is the problem is caused by our corporate environment not allowing me to connect to the server with the model.

If I'm correct, do you have any ways to work around this type of problem?

Thank you, 

David

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tgb417

@davidmakovoz 

yeah it looks like some sort of network problem to me as well.

requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='storage.googleapis.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /tensorflow/keras-applications/resnet/resnet50_weights_tf_dim_ordering_tf_kernels.h5 (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:877)'),))

This url is working from my location:

https://storage.googleapis.com/tensorflow/keras-applications/resnet/resnet50_weights_tf_dim_ordering_tf_kernels.h5

When I have problems like this, Iโ€™ll sometimes connect the device over Wi-Fi to my phone and prove to my IT/network guys that the network is causing my problems, and explain why the process Iโ€™m trying to do is valuable to the organization and ask that they make an adjustment to network configuration to support the work Iโ€™m doing. 

I do know that there are some risks in doing this but it can be effective.

Iโ€™d also open up a Dataiku Support ticket.  The support team may be able to get you a Tarball or something like that you can install.  I know that many of the plug-ins have this kind of work around.

Those are my $0.02 I hope they are of some use to you.

--Tom
0 Kudos
davidmakovoz
Author

@tgb417 thank you for your reply. Do you know how I can modify the macro to use the URL you suggested?

0 Kudos
tgb417

@davidmakovoz 

I do not know for sure where this is buried / hidden in the Dataiku Code.  You might look at this path from the error messages.

/data/dataiku/dss_data/code-envs/python/plugin_deeplearning-image_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/adapters.py

Based on the error message you gave me it appears that the macro is already trying to use the URL I listed.  That URL I tried seems to have comes directly out of the error message you provided.

I'd like to invite you to consider a support ticket as well if you a using one of the paid instances.

--Tom
0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku