Does Daylight savings work for triggers.

Options
NN
NN Neuron, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 145 Neuron

Hi ,

I notice in our dataiku setup that triggers have to be defined in UTC.

So wanted to check if anyone knew how Daylight savings is handled for timebased triggers in this situation.

Best Answer

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Options

@NN

I'm not sure. I'd imagine that the system uses UTC/GMT all the way through. As these do not have the idea of a Daylight savings shift. Then it is my guess that as local time changes relative to UTC/GMT that you will see a shift by the change for your Daylight Savings to Standard Shift.

Can you say anything more about what you have seen happen in your case, Or what you would like to have happened?

• ATsao
    ATsao Dataiker Alumni, Registered Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi NN,

Generally speaking, DSS will use the timezone of the server, which is usually UTC for most Linux servers like Tom mentioned. Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to specify a timezone or local timezone to be used when setting a time-based trigger for scenarios. However, this is an existing enhancement request that is already in our backlog but I will go ahead and append your use case for further review by our Product team.

Thanks,

Andrew

• NN
    NN Neuron, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 145 Neuron
    Options

THankyou @tgb417
    and @ATsao

We are in the stage of learning and testing dataiku and this was just one of the questions we had.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…