Creating a dataset with a plugin

Solved!
BorjaVelasco
Level 1
Creating a dataset with a plugin

Hi all,

I wonder if I can create a dataset with a plugin. My plugin is basically a python receipe, that can be selected from an existing dataset. The behavior I am looking for is that whenever a user is in a dataset and selects the plugin, two output datasets are automatically created, without requiring the creation from the user via the Input/Output tab.

Is this possible? If so, how can I do it?

Thank you!

Borja

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @BorjaVelasco,

This is not possible as the recipe should have at least one output dataset. When using a plugin recipe. 

Otherwise, you will encounter an error like : "Component descriptor is invalid [pythondev] Plugin recipes require outputRoles"

At a minimum, you would have to create a dummy output folder and create the remaining datasets outside of user input.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @BorjaVelasco,

This is not possible as the recipe should have at least one output dataset. When using a plugin recipe. 

Otherwise, you will encounter an error like : "Component descriptor is invalid [pythondev] Plugin recipes require outputRoles"

At a minimum, you would have to create a dummy output folder and create the remaining datasets outside of user input.  

0 Kudos
BorjaVelasco
Level 1
Author

Hi @AlexT 

Understood. Thank you for your answer!

0 Kudos