Connection Between Dataiku DSS and PostgreSQL

Alexx
Level 2
Connection Between Dataiku DSS and PostgreSQL

I tried to connect DSS and PostgreSQL, everyhting seems fine until i try to Import tables to dataset. 
I get the following error :

"An invalid argument has been encountered : Postgress connection JDBC URL is not set", i dont know where I should get the JDBC URL and where to set it.

Operating system used: Windows 10

Operating system used: Windows 10
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @Alexx ,

Can you please try removing the "Use custom JDBC URL" checkbox. This would then allow you to enter the hostname/ip and port of you PostgreSQL install.Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 12.22.49.png

Thanks,

Alexx
Level 2
Author

Ok, I did that and now it's even wort, it's an error in french that says that the password is incorrect .

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

The error is in French because of the locale of the VM. Either way it suggests that username/password are incorrect. 

If you have PostgreSQL access you can try re-running :

psql -h localhost
CREATE DATABASE dku;
\c dku
CREATE SCHEMA dku_churn;
CREATE USER matthieu WITH PASSWORD 'Password';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON SCHEMA dku_churn TO matthieu;
CREATE SCHEMA dku_tshirt;
CREATE USER dku_tshirt_admin WITH PASSWORD 'Password';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON SCHEMA dku_tshirt TO dku_tshirt_admin;
\q
Angelo
Level 3

I have the same issue and have verified my tables in Postgres terminal are as per below:

postgres=# \du
List of roles
Role name | Attributes | Member of
------------------+------------------------------------------------------------+-----------
angelo | | {}
dku_tshirt_admin | | {}
matthieu | | {}
postgres | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication, Bypass RLS | {}

postgres=# \dn
List of schemas
Name | Owner
---------------+----------
dku_churn | postgres
dku_tshirt | postgres
futurexschema | postgres
public | postgres
(4 rows)

postgres=# \l
List of databases
Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype | Access privileges
-----------+----------+----------+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+-----------------------
dku | postgres | UTF8 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | English_United Kingdom.1252 |
postgres | postgres | UTF8 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | English_United Kingdom.1252 |
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | =c/postgres +
| | | | | postgres=CTc/postgres
template1 | postgres | UTF8 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | =c/postgres +
| | | | | postgres=CTc/postgres

When I try to test the connection from DSS to Postgres I get a user authentication error:

FATAL: password authentication failed for user "dku_tshirt_admin"

Can you please suggest what I'm doing wrong and how to proceed from here?

0 Kudos
Angelo
Level 3

@Alexx I don't think it makes a difference in terms of fixing the issue, but I noticed in your screenshot that you haven't set the schema to "dku_tshirt" on the top right "Naming rules for new datasets" section. 

I tried with or without but I'm still getting an authentication error.

0 Kudos
Angelo
Level 3

@CoreyS this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem and thought I won't open a new thread rather than figure out what the solution was here. What would be your suggestion going forward? 

0 Kudos