Connection Between Dataiku DSS and PostgreSQL

Options
Alexx
Alexx Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

I tried to connect DSS and PostgreSQL, everyhting seems fine until i try to Import tables to dataset.
I get the following error :

"An invalid argument has been encountered : Postgress connection JDBC URL is not set", i dont know where I should get the JDBC URL and where to set it.

Operating system used: Windows 10

Operating system used: Windows 10
Tagged:

Answers

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,209 Dataiker
    Options

Hi @Alexx

Can you please try removing the "Use custom JDBC URL" checkbox. This would then allow you to enter the hostname/ip and port of you PostgreSQL install.Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 12.22.49.png

Thanks,

• Alexx
    Alexx Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 3 ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, I did that and now it's even wort, it's an error in french that says that the password is incorrect .

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,209 Dataiker
    edited July 17
    Options

Hi,

The error is in French because of the locale of the VM. Either way it suggests that username/password are incorrect.

If you have PostgreSQL access you can try re-running :

psql -h localhost
    CREATE DATABASE dku;
    \c dku
    CREATE SCHEMA dku_churn;
    CREATE USER matthieu WITH PASSWORD 'Password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON SCHEMA dku_churn TO matthieu;
    CREATE SCHEMA dku_tshirt;
    CREATE USER dku_tshirt_admin WITH PASSWORD 'Password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON SCHEMA dku_tshirt TO dku_tshirt_admin;
    \q
  • Angelo
    Angelo Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue and have verified my tables in Postgres terminal are as per below:

postgres=# \du
    List of roles
    Role name | Attributes | Member of
    ------------------+------------------------------------------------------------+-----------
    angelo | | {}
    dku_tshirt_admin | | {}
    matthieu | | {}
    postgres | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication, Bypass RLS | {}

postgres=# \dn
    List of schemas
    Name | Owner
    ---------------+----------
    dku_churn | postgres
    dku_tshirt | postgres
    futurexschema | postgres
    public | postgres
    (4 rows)

postgres=# \l
    List of databases
    Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype | Access privileges
    -----------+----------+----------+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+-----------------------
    dku | postgres | UTF8 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | English_United Kingdom.1252 |
    postgres | postgres | UTF8 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | English_United Kingdom.1252 |
    template0 | postgres | UTF8 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | =c/postgres +
    | | | | | postgres=CTc/postgres
    template1 | postgres | UTF8 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | English_United Kingdom.1252 | =c/postgres +
    | | | | | postgres=CTc/postgres

When I try to test the connection from DSS to Postgres I get a user authentication error:

FATAL: password authentication failed for user "dku_tshirt_admin"

Can you please suggest what I'm doing wrong and how to proceed from here?

• Angelo
    Options

@Alexx
    I don't think it makes a difference in terms of fixing the issue, but I noticed in your screenshot that you haven't set the schema to "dku_tshirt" on the top right "Naming rules for new datasets" section.

I tried with or without but I'm still getting an authentication error.

• Angelo
    Options

@CoreyS
    this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem and thought I won't open a new thread rather than figure out what the solution was here. What would be your suggestion going forward?

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…