Is it possible to download a trained model as Python file?

Arhan
Arhan Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭

I've got confused by the documents provided. I'm currently working with the trial edition and so far haven't been able to get my trained model as a .py file. I'd be glad if someone helped me.

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,925 Neuron

Your question is too open to have an answer. It really depends on how you are training your model in Dataiku, what type of model it is, etc. So without that information is impossible to answer your question. Having said that perhaps you should focus also on why would you want to download the model the model? What is your actual requirement?

• Arhan
    Arhan Registered Posts: 4 ✭✭

We're planning on holding a workshop about no code/low code machine learning. And as an example, we'll be demonstrating with this example Image Classification and Object Detection without Code (dataiku.com).

I've had no problems aside from exporting the model as a Python file.

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,925 Neuron

Most model frameworks don't allow you to download the model as a "Python file". A model is a complex data structure which is usually only suitable to store in a binary file format. This typically means either a pickle file, ML flow file, etc. The course you linked uses Dataiku Visual ML capability rather than a custom model. Visual ML models can't be downloaded but can be deployed to other Dataiku nodes to use them for scoring. And in any case downloading a model in a no code/low code ML approach makes little sense since you are trying to keep the user away from dealing with code or files.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…