insidesherpa

WisdomUdo
WisdomUdo Registered Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

i am trying to import dataset but when click connection i didnt find any dataset to import

Best Answer

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron
    Answer ✓

As you are not running the server you are on, And there are security settings that may or may not allow you to see certain data elements. You may want to reach out to the folks who are your internship supervisors over at GE. They may need to adjust security for you to see the data.

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@WisdomUdo

There are a bunch of ways to connect with data in DSS. (One of the reasons I like it.) Given the type of data and the source of data you are trying to import the process can be a bit different.

Can you say something more about what kind of data you are trying to import from where? It might also be helpful to share the size of this data.

As a start here is the documentation on many of the standard ways to get data into DSS.

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/connecting/index.html

• WisdomUdo

i am trying ro browse the postgres connection

• tgb417

Have you set up and tested the connection to the PostgreSQL database?

• WisdomUdo

no idea how that works

• tgb417

@WisdomUdo

Cool. Glad to see you are learning DSS. You have to setup a data connection in DSS prior to browsing the data sets.

You might find this targeted lesson on using PostgreSQL to be helpful.

https://academy.dataiku.com/integration-with-sql-databases

That is a lesson from the middle of the Core Designer DSS training. If you want to get certified you might find the learning path to be useful.

https://academy.dataiku.com/page/core-designer

If you take the Certification path. They will not allow you to jump into the SQL lesson before you complete a bunch of other stuff. That's why I'm suggesting the first link.

--Tom

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@WisdomUdo
    we've all been there! I recommend checking out the Core Concepts courses on the Dataiku Academy. More info on the Academy can be found on the Academy page.

• WisdomUdo
  • tgb417

@WisdomUdo

I happened to look at your profile and noticed that you posted some images. These images happened to be on remote servers. (Not your local computer.) Are these the servers you are trying to import data too and from?

Do you know who runs these servers? (I might guess Dataiku.)

@CoreyS
    if @WisdomUdo
    is trying to use one of the hosted instances of DSS. Do you know if there are limited on what data can be imported and what database services are set up?

--Tom

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @tgb417
    thanks for your question, upon further review it was an internal issue with postgresql which should now be resolved.

• WisdomUdo
  • WisdomUdo

remote servers

• sandhya
    sandhya Registered Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

Hi WisdomUdo,

Did you get your problem resolved? I am facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Sandhya

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…