XGBoost error

Aditya_c1
Aditya_c1 Registered Posts: 5

Our solution:

• Dear Abhinav,

The issue you're encountering seems to stem from the missing `libomp` library, which is required by XGBoost on macOS. Let's walk through a possible resolution:

Steps to resolve the missing `libomp` issue:

1. Install OpenMP (libomp):   On macOS, you need to install `libomp`, which provides the OpenMP runtime. Run the following command using Homebrew to install it:   ``` brew install libomp   ```

2. Verify installation:   After installation, verify if `libomp` is correctly installed by checking the installed files:   ``` ls /usr/local/opt/libomp/lib   ```   This should list the `libomp.dylib` files required by XGBoost

.3. Reinstall XGBoost in the virtual environment:   Make sure you're working in the virtual environment you set up. You can then uninstall and reinstall XGBoost:   ``` pip3 uninstall xgboost

pip3 install xgboost   ```

4. Ensure compatibility:   Since you might be using Python 3.13 in the virtual environment, verify that XGBoost is compatible with this Python version. If any issues persist, consider using a more stable Python version like 3.10 or 3.11 by creating a virtual environment specifically for those versions.

Additional Step (if using Dataiku):   If this error occurs within Dataiku, you may also need to ensure that the environment Dataiku is using recognizes the newly installed libraries. Restarting Dataiku after making the changes may help resolve lingering environment issues.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please share your system configurations with us (macOS version, Python version, and any specific environment details). This will allow us to verify with the Dataiku community that the problem is not related to system compatibility. Because a lot of our learners have faced issues with XGBoost but the above steps were able to resolve the issue for them.

Best regards,Learning Support Team

• 2 days ago

• Abhinav Solanki

Thanks for sharing. I believe we are going around in circles. I have already tried the steps you shared. I tried them again - attached are the snapshots. Attached is my macOS config. I am using Python 3.13 

Can someone please help Abhinav with the above?

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…