Projects, workspaces and other not showing up after upgrading DSS

Arhan
Arhan Registered Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 18 in Setup & Configuration

Hello,

I followed the instructions on "Upgrading a DSS instance" to the letter, however my projects, workspaces, code environments etc. are not showing up. The only thing i can see is the "Recent and favorite items" tab. I am running my DSS instance in a docker container.

EDIT: It appears that the config/projects folder is empty in the container. Upon retrying, now everything but the projects showed up.

Operating system used: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,024 Neuron

Have you followed the "How to use this image" section of the Dataiku Docker image instructions? You need to map a local directory as your data directory to "preserve" it. Personally I think you are make your life a lot harder by going with this setup option. Dataiku is not really designed to run as a docker container, even though it can. And even if it can run in docker it doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it. So my advice will be to move to standard setup and leave containers for what they are good for (pushing down computation to Elastic computation clusters powered by Kubernetes).

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…