Dataiku migration - Macos - Error with Laucher

Carl
Carl Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

After several years of faithful service, my old laptop for Dataiku was due for a well-deserved retirement and I got a new one from.

So, I've decided to migrate all Dataiku environment into new laptop.

I've created a dss-home folder inside DataScienceStudio and copy the content of my backup dss_home into this new one following instructions I've read in this forum.

Then Download Dataiku Package and install

After installation when trying to lauch I get quite few errors, some because the "Port is being used" but also some others errors like "Error: The command is disabled and cannot be executed", "ERROR: Couldn't stop DSS before the update, trying to procede anyway"

attached file the launcher.log file

Any help is very much appreciated

Operating system used: MacOS SONOMA14.6

Best Answer

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,024 Neuron
    Answer ✓

I don't think that the process you followed is the correct one. While the Linux setup has a special command to upgrade a dss-home from a previous version I am not sure MacOS version will work. So I will trash everything you done and reboot your new laptop. Then install Dataiku from scratch and confirm it works in the laptop. Then upgrade the old laptop to the same version. Then stop Dataiku, replace the dss-home folder and reboot again. Then launch Dataiku and it should work.

Answers

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…