I'm somewhat embarrassed as this should be basic and incredibly simple but ...

kenlacrosse
kenlacrosse Registered Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

I'm working with CSV files and developed a couple of recipes with one dataset until they did what I wanted. I assumed that replacing the development dataset would be dead simple and I would just click to replace the old data set and be able to specify the new csv file and run the recipes with the new data using the UI. The new csv file has a different name and while I'm able to load it into the UI I can't get it to take the place of the old dataset and hook it to the recipes. I've searched the literature and community but just can't find what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone have an answer or clue for this currently clueless user? Help?

Operating system used: Windows 10

Best Answer

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,914 Neuron
    edited August 22 Answer ✓

Uploaded datasets can be modified without having to delete them by simply going to the Settings tab:

There you can upload more files, delete an existing file or re-upload the same file. For a more robust approach create a Dataiku Folder in the flow (Dataset ⇒ Folder) and then add a Files in Folder dataset (Dataset ⇒ Internal ⇒ Files in Folder). The Files in Folder dataset allows you to consolidate multiple files of the same type into a single dataset but also to selectively load different files by setting a file selection either manually or dynamically. It also has some hidden gem features which I covered on this post and provide additional information which can be very handy.

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,914 Neuron

There are many different ways to load a CSV file in Dataiku. You may have chosen a way which is less flexible than you expect. So before we can help you we need to know what way did you use to load the CSV file. We need need to understand why you think you can’t change the CSV file name so please post exactly where you are getting stuck.

• kenlacrosse

OK, here's the flow and what I want to do is replace the first dataset, DC01_Security_NTLMreport20240712, with a different CSV file. The new file resides on my computer and will need to be uploaded to the Dataiku server. The problem is that it appears that the only thing I can do with the first dataset is to Delete it and when I pick that option it states that the recipe will be deleted as well.

• kenlacrosse

That did the trick. I knew it should be simple. Thank you so much!

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…