Seeking Examples for Sending Emails via Shell Channel in DSS Settings

WoW
WoW Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

You need a way to send emails using 'Shell channel' in 'Channel' of 'Notification emails' in 'DSS settings'.In a closed network environment, it is difficult to use notification emails or scenario reports because it uses its own mail system rather than SMTP.

Currently, Notification emails appear to be available only through Mail (SMTP), Mail (via Amazon SES), and Mail (via Microsoft 365 with OAuth) Channels.

Do you have any examples of how you solved the same problem?

*Linux, dataiku 12.5.2

Operating system used: Linux

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,913 Neuron

Before we can give you a sample we would need to understand what do you mean by "own mail system". These days pretty much everyone on the world uses SMTP or Exchange so not sure what exactly you are using. SMTP can work in a closed network too, doesn't need to be connected to the internet.

• WoW
    WoW Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Hi @Turribeach,

Instead of using SMTP or Exchange, we use an internal mail system through an API with our groupware. Due to the lack of detailed explanation, I referred to it as an in-house mail system. When I considered using the shell channel method, I found that it could not be used for notification emails.

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,913 Neuron

Well in my view your "internal mail system" seems like the odd one out so that's where your problem is. I would think it will much easier to install an internal SMTP server and use it to integrate it with your "internal mail system". Then use the SMTP server with all the third party tools like Dataiku which support standard protocols like SMTP and you got a reusable solution you can deploy across all of them.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…